ARK Asset Management Australia Limited (ARK, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is committed to providing a high level of privacy to its customers, consultants and other affiliates in relation to the personal and credit related personal information that is collected from them.
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Act”), credit reporting provisions under Part IIIA of the Act and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (“CR Code”). The APPs, credit reporting provisions and CR Code set standards to be met in the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information and credit related personal information.
Collection of Personal Information:
The types of personal information generally collected and held by ARK include:
- Your name, address, telephone number, facsimile number, e-mail address, drivers licence details, date of birth, employment details, residential status, details of dependants.
- General financial information, including proof of earning and expenses.
- When you browse this website, our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit. Certain information about your visit onto our website is logged for statistical purposes. ARK does not attempt to identify you or to monitor or chart your on-line activities from this information. The information is solely used for website analysis and improvement, and to increase the relevance and usefulness of our products and services to our customers.
Collection of Credit Related Personal Information:
ARK may collect, use, hold and disclose the following types of credit related personal information:
- identification information- name, date of birth, current or previous address, name of current employer, drivers licence number;
- type and amount of credit sought;
- publicly available information about an individual’s creditworthiness;
- default information;
- repayment history information;
- payment information in relation to an overdue payment;
- personal insolvency information;
- personal information derived by a credit reporting body (or derived from information provided by a credit reporting body) that has a bearing on an individual’s creditworthiness and could be used to establish an individual’s eligibility for credit; and
- personal information provided by a credit reporting body such as default information and personal insolvency information.
Purposes for Collection of Information:
Assist Finance collects, holds, uses and discloses personal and credit related personal information to enable us to:
- market or promote our services (or services of an associated organisation) directly to individuals;
- provide credit;
- arrange for credit to be provided;
- managing credit;
- assess an applicant’s eligibility for credit;
- provide any other financial service related to the provision of credit or product;
- establish a customer loyalty program;
- resolve a complaint;
- provide further information about a service;
- develop and identify products and services that may interest clients;
- promote, administer and use our respective products and services; and
- any other purpose related to any of the above.
Your personal information may also be used in market research and statistical studies, and improvement of our products and services. We will use de-identified information in these circumstances wherever possible.
We may also use your personal information to notify you of new products and services, send surveys to you and keep you informed of any other changes at ARK which may affect you. If you respond to a survey or questionnaire, your responses will only be used in internal marketing and the improvement of services and products offered to our customers.
If you do not provide your personal or credit related personal information to us, we may not be able to provide these services to you.
How we collect and Hold Information:
Our intention is always to collect your personal or credit related personal information directly from you, through application forms provided by us and completed by you. If for a valid reason we are unable to do so, we may involve another organisation.
Alternatively, we may collect your information indirectly through our associated organisations (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)).
We hold all personal and credit related personal information in hard copy documents as electronic data, or in our software or systems.
In addition to the methods above, ARK may collect credit related personal information from other credit providers or credit reporting bodies, subject to any restrictions in the Act.
Use and Disclosure of Information:
ARK will generally only use your information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or a purpose related to the primary purpose. Assist Finance will not sell your personal information to any third parties.
We may disclose your information to necessary third parties, who assist us to provide, manage and administer our services and products. These third parties include (but are not limited to):
- external marketing; or
- research service providers
These service providers will be required to sign confidentiality agreements and will only be permitted to use information disclosed to them by ARK for the specific purposes for which it was provided.
We do not disclose personal or credit related personal information to overseas parties.
ARK is committed to keeping secure the personal and credit related personal information you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse or alteration, unauthorised access and disclosure. We aim to achieve this through:
- imposing confidentiality requirements on our employees;
- implementing policies in relation to document storage security;
- implementing security measures to govern access to our systems;
- only providing access to information once proper identification has been given;
- controlling access to our premises; and
- implementing website protection measures.
By law, we are required to hold certain information about you for a specific period of time, even after you are no longer an ARK customer. However, after that time you can be assured we will destroy your information thoroughly and safely or permanently de-identify it.
Access to Information and Seeking Correction:
You are entitled to request access to the personal and credit related personal information we hold about you or for your information to be corrected at any time. We are able to provide you with personal information such as your name, address and contact details quite easily. Where more detailed information is requested, we may need to apply a retrieval fee of $100 per hour or part thereof. This fee reflects the cost of providing you with the information requested, such as photocopying costs. This fee may be reduced or increased to correctly reflect the actual costs of providing access to information, depending on the complexity of your request.
We will respond to your request for access to your information within a reasonable time after you make the request and if access is granted, access will be provided within 30 days from your request. Assist Finance will, on request, provide you with access to your information or update or correct your information, unless the Act provides an exception to us granting your request, including if:
- giving access would be unlawful;
- we are required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order to deny access; or
- giving access is likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by an enforcement body.
Where your request for access is accepted, we will provide you with access to your information in a manner, as requested by you, providing it is reasonable to do so.
Your request for correction will be dealt with within 30 days, or such longer period as agreed by you. If we deny your request, we will provide you with a written notice detailing reasons for the refusal and the process for making a complaint about the refusal to grant your request.
We will accept your request for correction of your credit related personal information where we are satisfied that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
Upon accepting a request for correction of your information, we will take all steps that are reasonable in the circumstances, having regard to the purpose for which your information is held, to correct your information.
If your request for correction of credit related personal information is accepted we will provide written notice of this correction to any entity to which we have disclosed this information previously, to the extent that this is practicable.
ARK will take appropriate steps to verify your identity (or verify that you act as a legal guardian or authorised agent of the individual concerned) before granting a request to access or correct your information. For example, you may be required to provide us with information which we can use to compare against the records held by us.
In addition to the above, our website collects information from website users through “cookies”. A “cookie” is a piece of information that an Internet website sends to your browser when you access information at that site. Cookies indicate to a website that you have visited it before and they can be used to record what parts of a website your computer is visiting. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they do allow identification of the type of browser used and the Internet Service Provider (ISP).
There are two types of cookies: ‘persistent’ and ‘session-based’. Persistent cookies track a visitor’s journey through the issuing website.
They are stored on your computer and allow the website provider to see which pages and information are of most interest to those browsing the site. This type of cookie does not contain personal information; only a log of your movement through the website.
Session-based cookies are short-lived, existing only for the actual time you are logged on. These cookies ensure heightened security for you, by authenticating and identifying your registration for the secure areas of the site without the need for you to constantly re-enter your information. They expire when you close your web browser.
We remind our customers that, despite best practice, the privacy, security and integrity of information transmitted via the internet (including e-mail) cannot be guaranteed, except where we have indicated previously that a particular transmission will be protected (for example, the secure area of the site).
The ARK website may contain links to a number of other websites that are included on the basis of containing content relating to our business and related areas, or to sites containing general information for the personal interest of the user. When a user has clicked on a link to another site, they leave the Assist Finance site and are no longer protected by this Policy.
We respect that you may not wish to receive special offers, updates or surveys from ARK. If at any time you wish not to receive further information from Assist Finance, please contact us on the details provided below. Ensure that you include your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address and any other relevant information so that we can adequately remove your details from our list.
Dealing with us anonymously:
Where lawful and practicable to do so, you can deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. The circumstances in which you can deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym when making a general enquiry about the services that we can offer to you.
You may request at the start of any telephone call with us, in relation to a general enquiry, to remain anonymous (or you may use a pseudonym).
Information that we may Derive from your Credit Related Personal Information:
ARK may undertake a credit check through a credit reporting body in relation to an application for credit made by you. In this situation Assist Finance may derive the following kinds of personal information from information contained in the credit check:
- your eligibility to be provided with the services to which your application relates.
Complaint about a Breach of our Obligations:
Upon receiving such a complaint, the issue will be considered by our Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer will respond to your complaint as soon as reasonably possible, but not more than 30 days from receiving the complaint.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may ask the Privacy Officer to be referred to a higher authority within the company, such as the Managing Director. If you still remain unsatisfied with the outcome, you may refer your complaint to the Credit and Investments Ombudsman of which we are a member and then to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to be resolved.
Part 2 -Credit Information Notifiable Matters
In accordance with ARK’s obligations under the Privacy Act, ARK sets out the following notifiable matters in relation to any of your personal information disclosed by Assist Finance to a credit reporting body for the purposes of undertaking a credit check:
- ARK provides commercial credit in its own capacity. In addition, ARK may act as an agent of a credit provider in relation to the provision of consumer and commercial credit.
- For the purposes of providing commercial credit (or acting as an agent of a credit provider who provides consumer or commercial credit), Assist Finance may disclose your personal and credit information to the following credit reporting bodies for the purposes of undertaking a credit check in relation to an application made by you:
You may contact VEDA using the details set out below:
- In relation to your information held by Secure Sentinel – Email: [email protected] or Phone: 1800 022 043
- In relation to your information held by veda, Postal address: Verify Holdings Australia Ltd Locked Bag 965, NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059 or Email: [email protected]
- VEDA may include any of your personal information, disclosed to it by ARK, in reports provided to other credit providers to assist other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness.
- If you fail to meet your payment obligations in respect of consumer credit or you commit a serious credit infringement, Assist Finance (as agent of a credit provider who has provided you with consumer credit) may be entitled to disclose this information to a credit reporting body, such as VEDA
- ARK’s policy about the management of credit information is set out in Part 1 of this document. In accordance with Part 1 of this document, you may request to access or correct your credit information and to make a complaint to ARK.
- You may access a copy of VEDA’s policy about its management of credit information on its website at www.veda.com.au.
- You have the right to make a request to VEDA not to use or disclose your credit reporting information:
- for the purposes of pre-screening of direct marketing by a credit provider; or
- if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been, or are likely to be, a victim of fraud.
Contact person: the Privacy Officer
Phone: 1300 838 834
Send an e-mail to: [email protected]
Send mail to: Level 1, 554 Church Street Richmond Victoria 3121